Get these internet data for better work from home communication
During this Movement Control Order (MCO) by Malaysian government to help prevent spread of Covid-19 virus, many organizations have now requested staff to work from home. Local telecommunication service providers are offering with free internet data and more. Following are the details of each service provider –
- Free unlimited access to WhatsApp (chat, voice & video call) for all post-paid and Celcom Xpax prepaid customers (from 8am to 6pm daily).
- Work from home with free unlimited access to Microsoft Office 365 applications, for all post-paid and Celcom Xpax prepaid customers (from 8am to 6pm daily).
- Double the duration — 6 hours instead of 3 hours of Unlimited Internet access via Celcom Xpax Ultra Hour pass, at only RM2 (from 8am to 6pm daily).
- All Celcom post-paid customers will have an extended payment period for 7 days for bill payments from their current due date.
- Celcom Xpax prepaid customers enjoy 10% cashback when they purchase Celcom Xpax Reloads RM10 and above via the Celcom Life App (until 30th June 2020).
- Celcom MEGA post-paid consumers can trade in their unused Internet quota for cashback (until 30th June 2020).
U Mobile prepaid customers will just need to renew or activate the GX38 plan between 19 March 2020 to 31 March 2020 to enjoy double hotspot data for 30 days.
Post-paid customers on Unlimited HERO P139, Unlimited HERO P99, GX68 and GX50 will enjoy the double hotspot free starting from 19 March 2020 until 31 March 2020 immediately. Unlimited HERO P139 and P99 customers may also add an S20 data-only share line for just RM20 monthly and they will get to share the double hotspot quota without even being in the same home.
For Maxis, Maxis Business and Hotlink post-paid plans, the green telco is offering free 3GB Mobile Internet pass. The pass will be available from 27th March 2020 and once activated, it will be valid for a period of 30 days. The pass can only be claimed once per customer.
In addition, users can also get free unlimited access to Skype, Zoom and Microsoft Teams. According to Maxis, this will be offered from 27th March 2020 onward and it will be available automatically with no data capping.
For Hotlink prepaid customers, you can get 20GB of free data with the purchase of HotlinkMU ‘#StayHome’ Internet pass.
Digi’s mobile prepaid and prepaid broadband customers can get additional Internet data and calls with every reload of RM10 and above. For example, users can reload RM10 to get free 300MB plus five minutes worth of calls (valid for three days) or reload RM30 to receive free 1GB plus 15 minutes of calls (valid for seven days). These offers are valid from now till March 31.