Migrating to Office 365 FAQs for APS
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for Office365 Migration at APS
Can I access my email during the migration?
- No, during the migration period your email will not be accessible.
When can I access my email account?
- You will be able to access your new Office365 email account at HTTP://portal.office.com once the migration has successfully been completed. Please take note that you won’t be able to use your Outlook or mobile email apps for e-mail until you have reconfigured your Outlook or mobile apps.
- Please remember to meet a technical support staff to configure your outlook client & smart phone to your new email account.
Can I use my current Outlook? Which Outlook version IS supported?
- Yes, you can use your current outlook client if it is Office 2010. However, we recommend users to upgrade to Office365 Pro Plus Office Suite to use all features provided by Office365. Learn more about Office365 Pro Plus Office Suite at https://support.office.com/en-us/article/download-and-install-or-reinstall-office-365-or-office-2016-on-a-pc-or-mac-4414eaaf-0478-48be-9c42-23adc4716658?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US#bkmk_installsteps or submit an online helpdesk request at https://apiit.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals for the upgrade.
Can I use my current mobile email apps? What mobile apps are supported?
- Yes, you can use your current mobile email apps. However, we recommend users to get the Office mobile apps to use features provided by Office365. Learn more about Office mobile apps at https://products.office.com/en-my/mobile/office or submit an online helpdesk request at https://apiit.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals for the upgrade.
What is the Exchange server settings for Office 365 setup?
|Password||[Your existing password to access your email]|
Does this migration include my .pst folders?
- During the mailbox migration. Only the primary mailbox will be migrated excluding all archive or pst files. Thus we advise users to ensure to keep their old archives or pst files secure. Learn more about importing email, contacts, and calendar from an Outlook .pst file to office365 at https://support.office.com/en-us/article/import-email-contacts-and-calendar-from-an-outlook-pst-file-431a8e9a-f99f-4d5f-ae48-ded54b3440ac?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US or submit an online helpdesk request at https://apiit.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals to get support from Technology Services.
How much space do I get for email in Office365?
- With Office365 you will have a 50GB primary mail storage as compared to 0.5GB now.
What will be my new office365 email account after migrating to Office365?
- After the migration is complete, your new office365 email account will be email@example.com
Will I still be able to receive emails from/to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com?
How do I login to office365 via the portal website?
- Launch HTTP://portal.office.com via an Internet browser.
- Enter your email address with the full new domain name (Example: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Enter your password (your existing password to access your email)
Why are certain user emails having bounce back or an error stating ‘Email Address does not exist’?
- This issue usually happens because you are sending an email to a non-existing email address or outdated email attribute which is pointed to the old email server.
- To resolve this issue, clear the cached address by typing the email address but do not click enter. Click on the ‘X’ near the email address (As per the image below). Enter the email address again and try to send the email to the recipient again.
Did not find what you were looking for? Open a ticket with our Help Centre and we will get back to you resolve your issue.Click Here.